Schedules are lists in the constitution which categorise and tabulate bureaucratic activity and government policy.
|First||1 and 4||Lists India’s states and territories, changes in their borders and the laws used to make that change.|
|Second||59(3), 65(3), 75(6), 97, 125, 148(3), 158(3), 164(5), 186 and 221||Lists the salaries of public officials, judges, and the comptroller and auditor general.|
|Third||75(4), 99, 124(6), 148(2), 164(3), 188 and 219||Forms of oaths – Lists the oaths of office for elected officials and judges|
|Fourth||4(1) and 80(2)||Details the allocation of seats in the Rajya Sabha (upper house of Parliament) by state or union territory.|
|Fifth||244(1)||Provides for the administration and control of Scheduled Areas[e] and Scheduled Tribes[f] (areas and tribes requiring special protection).|
|Sixth||244(2) and 275(1)||Provisions made for the administration of tribal areas in Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, and Mizoram.|
|Seventh||246||Central government, state, and concurrent lists of responsibilities|
|Eighth||344(1) and 351||Official languages|
|Ninth||31-B||Validation of certain acts and regulations.[g]|
|Tenth||102(2) and 191(2)||Anti-defection provisions for members of Parliament and state legislatures.|
|Eleventh||243-G||Panchayat Raj (rural local government)|
|Twelfth||243-W||Municipalities (urban local government)|
- The first schedule contains the list of states and union territories and their territories
- The second schedule contains provisions of the President, Governors of States, Speaker and the Deputy Speaker of the House of the People and the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman of the Council of States and the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker of the Legislative Assembly and the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman of the Legislative Council of a State, the Judges of the Supreme Court and of the High Courts and the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
- The third Schedule contains the Forms of Oaths or Affirmations.
- The fourth Schedule contains provisions as to the allocation of seats in the Council of States.
- The fifth Schedule contains provisions as to the Administration and Control of Scheduled Areas and Scheduled Tribes.
- The Sixth Schedule contains provisions as to the Administration of Tribal Areas in the States of Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram.
- The seventh Schedule contains the Union list, State list and the concurrent list.
- The eighth Schedule contains the list of recognized languages.
- Ninth Schedule contains provisions as to the validation of certain Acts and Regulations.
- The tenth Schedule contains provisions as to disqualification on ground of defection.
- The eleventh Schedule contains the powers, authority and responsibilities of Panchayats.
- The twelfth Schedule contains the powers, authority and responsibilities of Municipalities.